Thank you for your interest in becoming a ReadUP Tutor! Volunteers give one-hour per week to help a struggling reader in third, fourth, or fifth grade gain the literacy skills necessary to succeed in school.
Remember, this is a weekly commitment that takes place from the time you are trained until the end of the school year.
Note: Before volunteering you are required to attend a training session and complete a free background check.
ReadUP tutor registration steps
1. Sign in to your account by clicking on the “Log In” button in the upper right-hand corner. If you don’t already have an account with volunteer connect, please register on the site first
· Fill in all of the boxes marked with a star (*)
· You must be logged in to register for volunteer opportunities
2. Click on the “ReadUP” tab across the top of the page.
3. On the left-hand side, click on “ReadUP Tutor.”
4. Select the county where you wish to volunteer from the left hand side.
5. The page will show you all of the ReadUP tutoring days and times for that county for which you may volunteer. Click on the day and time under the school name you are interested in and you can then sign up for the opportunity.
6. Once you’re signed up you will receive an email confirming that you are registered for that opportunity.
7. After signing up, you must complete a background check and attend a training session.
If you have any questions, please contact Donghui Lim at 317-925-READ or 317.921.1217, or send an email to email@example.com.